Comic Kontinent vol. II
Vom 11.-18. November 2018 kommen in Waldsieversdorf internationale Nachwuchsillustrator*innen aus Deutschland, Belarus, Georgien, der Ukraine und Russland zusammen. Die 11 Teilnehmenden sind zwischen 21 und 41 Jahre alt und haben sich gegen 189 weitere Bewerber in einem Wettbewerb diesen Sommer durchgesetzt. Gemeinsam mit Piotr Socha arbeiten die Künstler*innen an Illustrationsserien und Kollektivwerken rund um den Themenkomplex „Mein kulturelles Erbe – Düster und Heiter“. Die in Waldsieversdorf entstandenen Werke werden wenig später auch in Moskau, Tbilisi und Lviv zu sehen sein.
The 6th International Picturebook Festival Germany presents
In cooperation with Gallery of Contemporary Art „Ў“ (Belarus), Writers‘ House of Georgia (Georgia), Samokat Publishing House (Russia), Project Initiative (Russia) and Old Lion Publishing House (Ukraine)
The Comic Continent vol. II
CALL FOR ILLUSTRATORS
for 8-day residency in Germany mentored by Piotr Socha (PL).
„My Heritage – Gloomy and Cheerful“
The Comic Continent asks for the personal cultural heritage of participating artists. We want you to examine and display your own traditions, memories, rituals, stories and songs from your families and surrounding communities. How can contemporary illustration picture childhood and youth without national stereotypes?
Terms for your application:
– Upload two unpublished illustrations, single pictures or series on our topic: here (max. file size: 1 MB)
– Fill out the application form in English language, agree to our data-compliancy, publishing and copyrightsdeclaration as stated in the application form.
– Agree to our terms that you are minimum 18 years old, holder of an international passport and have basic english skills (B1 or better) and accept the vote of the jury
– Eight creative days from 11.-18th of November 2018 with renowned artist Piotr Socha (PL) in rural germany, yet close to Berlin.
– Excursion curated for illustrators to Berlin.
– Participation in workshops, exhibition, festival-events and graphic-market.
– Cover for cost of travel, accommodation and Visa to Germany.
– 250€ for expenses on material of your choice
– Additional visit to one of our events in Lviv (Ukraine) or Tbilisi (Georgia) in December
The International Picturebook Festival was founded in 2013 in Müncheberg, close to german-polish border. Since then every autumn illustrators of books for children and youth from Germany and Poland as well as Lithuania, Czech Republic, Russia, Ukraine and Georgia gather for one week with a common theme to present their works and craft to different audiences and to each other. The programme is directed by Sarah Wildeisen, Barbara Anna Bernsmeier and Oliver Spatz.
The festival will for the second time host an international residency for illustrators, called the Comic-Continent. The theme of this residency is „My Heritage – Gloomy and Cheerful“ and it will be mentored by the renowned illustrator Piotr Socha from Poland. The residency will take place from November 11th to November 18th. The artists participating at the residency will be chosen in an anonymized process by a jury formed by Gallery of Contemporary Art „Ў“ (Belarus), Book Art Center Tbilisi (Georgia), Samokat Publishing House (Russia), Old Lion Publishing House (Ukraine) and the International Picturebookfestival (Germany). The program will finish with exhibitions, presentations of the results from the residency and networking events in Lviv and Tbilisi until the end of the year 2018.
YOU ARE WELCOME TO APPLY HERE UNTIL SEPTEMBER 20TH 2018, 11.59PM.
If you have questions, you can contact the following representatives of the program:
Belarus – Anna Chistoserdova: email@example.com
Germany – Barbara Anna Bernsmeier: firstname.lastname@example.org
Georgia – Natalia Lomouri: email@example.com
Russia – Mikhail Skotnikov: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ukraine – Olha Kruk: email@example.com
The comic-continent vol. II is organised by the association „Förderverein Stadtpfarrkirche Müncheberg“ and funded by the Federal Foreign Office of Germany.